Think twice before packing the cellphone.
Cellphones are discouraged at camp. Camp is an exciting opportunity for campers to build a sense of independence and we encourage them to focus on their camp experience.
Cellphones, like many other modern technologies, are expensive possessions that can be lost or damaged easily in the course of a week at camp.
- Pillow and pillowcase
- Sheets for single bed and sleeping bag or blankets
- Two to three towels and washcloths
- Beach towel
Clothing and shoes:
- Socks and underwear (pack extra socks!)
- Sweatshirt or sweater
- Medium-weight jacket
- Shorts and long pants
- Two pairs of shoes (one must be closed-toed shoes or sneakers)
- Bathroom slippers/sandals
- Rain gear
- Bathing suit and swim towel
- Insect repellent
- Tote for shower
- Soap, shampoo, toothbrush and toothpaste
- Hairbrush or comb
- Laundry bag
- A water bottle to carry during sessions
- Flashlight with extra batteries
- $25-35 for Camp Canteen (camp store)
- Inexpensive camera
- Hat/cap/inexpensive sunglasses
- Pre-addressed and stamped postcards/envelopes to send a letter home
Specific camp program suggestions:
- Additional packing information specific to the camp you are attending may be sent to your email prior to the start of your camp.
- For camps hosting animals, please see the additional camp information starting on Page 13 of the Camp Family Handbook, including suggested What to Pack checklist for your animals and what is required for those camps.
- Shooting sports campers are welcome to bring their own equipment for specific shooting sports camps.
PLEASE DO NOT BRING:
- MP3 players, hand-held video games, DVD players
- Phone cards
- Knives or weapons of any kind
- Tobacco products, alcohol or illegal substances
- Candles or lanterns
- Food, candy or gum (food items are not allowed in the cabins)
- Expensive jewelry
Note: Campers who bring any of the above items to camp will be asked to surrender them to the camp staff, and may face further disciplinary action. Camp is not responsible for confiscated items. Items would be returned to the camper and parent/guardian during check-out.