Peer tutors at ACE help facilitate learning outside of the classroom through reviewing concepts and questions with other current NDSU students. Tutoring will occur in many modalities including online, in-person, group meetings, and individual sessions. Tutors not only show enthusiasm for the material and learning, but also use person-centered skills to help build confidence and ease the stress of the students working with them in a calm and organized manner. Tutors are eligible to tutor any class in which they have received an A/B, granted their past professor endorses it.
- Current students who have completed at least one semester at NDSU
- At least at 3.0 cumulative GPA at hiring and throughout employment
- Final grade of an A or B in any classes the applicant wants to tutor
- Positive recommendation from past professors in the classes the applicants would tutor
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Attention to detail and organization
- Previous experience as a tutor
- Knowledge of other academic support programs on the NDSU campus
- ACE Tutoring is located in the lower level of West Dining Center.
- The hourly wage starts at $10.00 with semester raises based on performance.
Terms of Employment
- Tutors will begin employment in Fall 2021 and will be expected to attend an initial tutor training on August 24th and August 26th from 5-9pm. Tutors work an average of ten hours per week.
- Applicants will be asked to submit a resume and cover letter. Cover letters should include the courses the applicant would like to tutor and reasons why tutoring would be a good fit for them.
- If you are a current NDSU student employee: Sign into apply using this link.
- If you are not currently employed by NDSU and want to apply, click this link, search for "Student Peer Tutor (ACE Tutoring)", and follow the prompts to register as a new user (works best on a computer).
- The application is open until filled.
- Email email@example.com or call 701.231.5554
North Dakota State University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, Vietnam Era Veterans status, sexual orientation, marital status, or public assistance status. Direct inquiries to the Executive Director and Chief Diversity Office, 202 Old Main, (701) 231-7708.