The Rising Scholars Mentoring Program seeks to support students throughout their experience at NDSU, especially within the first semester of college. Each student who chooses to participate is paired with a mentor on campus, who they will meet with once a week for 30 minutes. During these meetings, the Rising Scholars mentor can provide support, connect students with campus resources, and answer any questions that may come up during the first semester. Mentors will also assist students with goal setting, time management, and developing other study skills.
Conditionally admitted students, who are identified by the Office of Admission, are strongly encouraged to participate in the Rising Scholars Program during their first semester, but may opt out of the program too. Additionally, any NDSU student can elect to be part of the program at any point during their education.
Welcome to Rising Scholars Video Presentation
Rising Scholars Informational Brochure
Rising Scholars Program seeks to support students through mentoring as they adjust to the academic rigors of college.
- Increase confidence and ability to manage academic workload through the development of college-level study skills.
- Identify attainable short-term and long-term goals with an action plan for academic success
- Access and navigate available campus resources
- Make meaningful connections at NDSU
Rising Scholars participants will:
- Complete a "Getting to Know You Questionnaire" to identify areas of personal growth and strength for goal planning.
- Attend weekly 30 minute one-on-one meetings with their mentor throughout the semester to develop academic and personal skills to help them excel as an NDSU student.
Questions? Want to become a Rising Scholar? Call or email us today!
Contact us at (701) 231-5554 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org