Small Group Tutoring provides students with the opportunity to meet virtually at a pre-scheduled time each week to review course materials and ask questions. Groups consist of a tutor and 3-5 students from the same course. Small groups meet at ACE.
As with most things in life, you get out what you put into the group. If you come prepared with questions and are willing to participate in discussions about the material, you will learn a great deal. In past semesters, the students who benefited most from the groups were those who started early in the semester and committed to attending each week. These students reported better grades, feelings of accomplishment and motivation, and even made some new friends.
We know you are excited to start, but we have a few ground rules to know first!
1. Attend your scheduled session—your group members and tutor really want you there! Up to 3 absences are permitted before you will be dismissed from the group.
2. Arrive on time.
3. Come prepared to each tutoring session by bringing course materials and questions. Tutors are there to clarify concepts but will not have a lesson prepared.
4. Attend class—Small Group is not a substitute, it's a supplement.
5. Participate as an active group member in each tutoring session.
6. Abide by the NDSU Code of Academic Responsibility and Conduct.
If you are unable to commit to a consistent time, Individual Tutoring may be a better option for you.
To request participation in ACE small group tutoring, please click on the form below, and we will start the process of matching you with a group! Completion of the form does not guarantee that a tutoring group will be created. Creation of a tutoring group is contingent upon the number of requests for a given course as well as the availability of tutors, funding, and space.
If you have questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (701) 231-5554.