The College of Business is committed to providing students with a quality education in the functional areas of business, a systematic exposure to the global business issues they will face in their careers, and an introduction to applying the technologies that will be a part of their work life. In addition, students may choose elective courses that will help prepare them for careers in specific areas in which they have an interest.
The College of Business offers four-year undergraduate majors leading to a Bachelor of Science degree.
- Students are required to complete the course requirements of one of the majors in the college. Students follow the published curricula for the major program of study from the semester/year of entrance in the College of Business to graduation, provided enrollment at NDSU has not been discontinued for more than one year. Students who change their major program of study are subject to meeting the curricular requirements in effect at the time the new major is declared.
- Students enter the College of Business as a pre-major student. Admission into the professional program requires the completion of the following pre-College requirements with a grade of ‘C’ or higher: ENGL 120, MATH 144, ECON 201 or 202, SOC 110 or PSYC 111 and COMM 110 and a 2.50 institutional grade point average.
- Students must be accepted into the major prior to the completion of the last 30 credits in required 300-400 level College of Business courses.
- Graduation from the College of Business requires students to also earn a grade of 'C' or better in all degree required courses (including all major required courses, business elective requirements, and additional 300-400 level CoB electives or breadth electives).
- Students in the College of Business are responsible for monitoring their individual progress toward degree completion. Full time academic advisors and faculty advisors are available to provide guidance and answer questions.
m = minor, c = certificate
Entrepreneurship (m, c)
Professional Selling* (c)
To add, delete, or change a College of Business minor or undergraduate certificate (except for the certificate in professional selling*), complete the Minor/Advisor Change Form, located on the Office of Registration and Records website under "Student Forms."
*The undergraduate certificate in Professional Selling requires application and approval by the College of Business Center for Professional Selling and Sales Technology.
If you have questions or need assistance with College of Business minors, please email Diane.Axness@ndsu.edu or call (701) 231-9407.