Resident assistants support the mission of the North Dakota Governor’s Schools (NDGS) by facilitating a positive living and learning community in the residence halls.
The position description is available here.
Online application is available here. The deadline is 8:00 AM on Monday, April 8.
Minimum Qualifications: (to be met by start date of employment)
- Completed freshman year of college
- Have lived in a residence hall for at least one semester and/or attended NDGS
- Earned a minimum semester and cumulative GPA of 2.5
- Have a valid state-issued driver's license
- Be willing to drive a 15-passenger van
The RA position requires maturity, commitment, self-discipline, and the desire to serve NDGS scholars. With training, candidates should have the ability to:
- Work effectively and cooperatively with a diverse range of individuals and groups
- Respect and value the diverse contributions of all NDGS community members
- Utilize well-developed interpersonal communication skills
- Display effective leadership skills
- Engage in effective decision-making
- Approach scholars in a fair and effective manner when misconduct occurs
- Acknowledge and uphold professional standards, integrity, and ethics
You must be available from Thursday, May 30 through Saturday, July 13, including:
- Staff orientation and training: Thursday, May 30 - Saturday, June 1
- NDGS in session: Sunday, June 2 - Friday, July 12 (July 4th break is from 1 PM on Wednesday, July 3 to
- Staff debriefing: Saturday, July 13
TIME OFF: You are permitted up to 5 nights away while NDGS is in session IF approved by the NDGS Director. For off-duty nights, you must be in the building by 3:00 AM unless approved by the NDGS Director.
RAs are expected to give this position priority over all other areas with the exception of academics. Other large time commitments may interfere with an RA's ability to perform adequately. Enrolling in summer courses is acceptable. Working part-time may be permitted if approved by the NDGS Director. Additional full-time work is not permitted.
- $2400, for RAs new to NDGS
- $2700, for returning RAs