The College of Health Professions includes the School of Pharmacy, School of Nursing, Departments of Allied Sciences and Public Health, and Family HealthCare Pharmacy.
Our college leads the advancement of health for the benefit of society through innovation, growth, and excellence in teaching, advising, research, interprofessional practice, and service.Indicators that we are moving toward our Vision:
- Students and graduates are sought after as caring, competent, and ethical health professionals and researchers.
- Graduates have a high level of achievement as measured by licensure and certification exams and job placement.
- Faculty are recognized for best practices in teaching, curriculum improvement, and as leaders by discipline-related organizations.
- The college is nationally recognized for innovations in rural healthcare.
- Faculty and graduates discover and disseminate new knowledge as demonstrated by funded research, scholarly publications, and innovative product and practice development.
- Alumni are recognized for a high level of achievement, involvement in professional organizations, and contributions to their disciplines.
- Faculty have the resources of staff, time, space, and money to accomplish excellence in teaching, research, practice and service.
- Our impact will be local, national and global.
Our mission is to educate students, advance research, and excel in provision of interprofessional service within the health professions. We will accomplish this by:
- Fostering a culture that values competency, caring, ethics, inclusivity, and professionalism.
- Delivering an effective curriculum that prepares students to work in diverse settings within interprofessional teams.
- Collaborating with key partners and stakeholders to enhance teaching, research, practice, professional experience, and service opportunities.
- Utilizing interprofessional approaches in teaching, research, clinical practice and service efforts.
- Providing professional and interprofessional development opportunities for faculty, staff, students and alumni.
- Securing financial, physical, and human resources to engage in effective teaching, research, practice, and service.
- Improving the quality of research and scholarship.
- Developing health care professionals to meet the health care needs of the state, region, nation, and world.