NDSU faculty and staff received awards for excellence in research, teaching, Extension and support staff efforts in an awards ceremony on Dec. 9.
The 2021 award recipients are:
• Larson/Yaggie Excellence in Research Award - Guiping Yan, associate professor of plant pathology
• Eugene R. Dahl Excellence in Research Award - Marisol Berti, professor of plant sciences
• Earl and Dorothy Foster Excellence in Teaching Award - Anuradha Vegi, assistant professor of practice, Department of Plant Sciences
• H. Roald and Janet Lund Excellence in Teaching Award - Birgit Pruess, professor of microbiological sciences
• William J. and Angelyn A. Austin Excellence in Advising Award - Jack Norland, associate professor in the School of Natural Resource Sciences
• Excellence in Extension Early Career Award - Julianne Racine, Extension agent, LaMoure County
• AGSCO Excellence in Extension Award - Dean Aakre, 4-H youth development specialist, NDSU Extension Center for 4-H Youth Development
• Charles and Linda Moses Staff Award - Collin Auwarter, research specialist in the Department of Plant Sciences
• Donald and Jo Anderson Staff Award - Jerry Little, administrative secretary in the Department of Microbiological Sciences
• Rick and Jody Burgum Staff Award - Diane Ness, customer service manager in Agriculture Communication
"These awards recognize exceptional performance by faculty and staff members in the NDSU College of Agriculture, Food Systems, and Natural Resources; the North Dakota Agricultural Experiment Station; and NDSU Extension," said Greg Lardy, NDSU vice president for agricultural affairs. "Their innovative work and ideas are incredibly appreciated and valued."
As a student-focused, land-grant, research university, we serve our citizens.