Students can self-enroll online to receive refunds as a Direct Deposit to any bank account designated by the student. Direct Deposit refunds will be processed at the same speed regardless of the account selected by the student. In addition, the student may change the selected account at any time within Campus Connection. NDSU does not preselect an account for the student. The following options are available for direct deposit:
- An existing bank account already established by the student.
- Any other banking relationship to be established by the student.
- A USBank account - Per Department of Education Regulations, North Dakota State University must notify you that NDSU has chosen to partner with USBank to offer the option to add banking functionality to the campus ID card. You are not required to open an account with USBank to receive or use the campus ID card for other campus services or to receive disbursement of financial aid. For more information visit the NDSU Card center website.
Following is the three-step process for setting up or modifying your bank account:
Step 1 - Log into your Campus Connection account.
Step 2 - Enroll Bank Account in Direct Deposit.
- Student Homepage > Financial Account > Direct Deposit > Select the third line/option, which includes NDSU
- Enter the bank account details
- Check the agreement box for Terms and Conditions
- Select the Submit button
- The numbers found on the face of the debit card issued by your bank are NOT your account number. Please refer to your paper checks (example above) or monthly statement for this information.
- Routing numbers listed on individual checking accounts may vary from those listed on deposit slips, even from the same bank. Please ensure that you are using the correct routing number by collecting this information from the appropriate account documents.
- Be sure to correctly indicate whether you are using a checking or savings account. Marking the wrong account type may cause your direct deposit to be delayed.
- Some students may choose to also save their banking information for the purpose of making payments towards their student account. Please note that this information is stored separately and not connected to your direct deposit account, which is used for the purpose of issuing student refunds.
- It is important that you enter the required information correctly as NDSU is unable to verify in advance that you have entered the correct account and routing numbers.
This image shows where the bank routing number (circled) and account number (boxed) are located on a typical check. Please have this information readily available when setting up your direct deposit.