Occasionally, when experiencing issues while logged in to Campus Connection, clearing your browser's cache files (cookies, history, temporary internet files, etc.) will correct the problem. Many times, the ND University System (NDUS) Help Desk will recommend this step first before troubleshooting the problem further. Please follow these steps for clearing your browser's cache:
Please note that these instructions are for the Internet Explorer browser. The included screen shots were taken using Internet Explorer 8. While the visual look may be different in Internet Explorer 9, the same steps can be used to clear the browser's cache.
- Open the Internet Explorer browser
- Locate the "Tools" menu item in the either the main menu (top of screen) or the command toolbar (at right)
- Select "Internet Options" from the drop-down menu.
Sample view of browser window highlighting location of "Tools" menu item.
- In the "Internet Options" window, under the General tab, locate the "Browsing History" section and click the [Delete] button
- You also have the option to check the "Delete browsing history on exit" checkbox which deletes selected files (see Step 3) every time Internet Explorer is closed
Sample view of Internet Options window with browsing history delete options highlighted.
- In the "Delete Browsing History" window, do the following:
- UNCHECK — "Preserve Favorites website data"
- CHECK — "Temporary Internet Files"
- CHECK — "Cookies"
- CHECK — "History"
- CHECK — "Form Data" (optional)
- CHECK — "Passwords" (optional)
- CHECK — "InPrivate Filtering Data" (optional)
- Click the [Delete] button when finished selecting checkboxes
- A pop-up window will appear temporarily showing the progress of the delete process
Even though the last three checkboxes are optional, it is recommended that you include these in the cache-clearing process to make sure that all files associated with Campus Connection are cleared from your browser.
Sample view of Delete Browsing History window with the un-checked "Preserve Favorites website data" checkbox and Delete button highlighted.
- Close all Internet Explorer browser windows
- Re-launch Internet Explorer to begin using the refreshed cache settings