Content | Navigation |

Reciprocal Agreements

If North Dakota law requires you to have a pesticide certification, you must hold a North Dakota certificate. A valid certification in another state may help you obtain a North Dakota certificate, but it does not substitute for one.

North Dakota may issue a certification on a reciprocal basis, without examination, to nonresidents who are certified to use restricted-use pesticides under an EPA-approved program. Whether reciprocity exists or not depends on other states' regulations and how similar they are to North Dakota. Eligibility for an individual holding a certificate will be determined on a case by case basis.

Out-of-state applicators, dealers, and consultants must meet all requirements for certification in North Dakota. These requirements include:

  • certification fee
  • proof of a valid pesticide license or certification from state of residence
  • copy of a government issued picture identification
  • proof of financial responsibility (applicators only), and
  • an appointment of agent

What follows are documents and applications you may use to obtain reciprocity:

These documents are in Adobe Acrobat format. If you do not have an Acrobat Reader, get it. It's free.


Student Focused. Land Grant. Research University.

Follow NDSU
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • RSS
  • Google Maps
Last Updated: Monday, September 22, 2008 3:40:08 PM
Privacy Statement