The NDSU School of Pharmacy housed in the College of Health Professions offers pathways of opportunity in pharmacy for you to pursue careers that can lead to an array of options for success.
As a pharmacist, you work with patients and other health care providers to promote health and prevent diseases. Pharmacists assess, monitor, initiate and modify patients’ medication therapy to achieve optimal therapeutic outcomes.
Programs help you chart your future career
The professional pharmacy (PharmD) program is provided through a combined effort between the Department of Pharmacy Practice and the Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences.
Pharmacy Practice focuses on the clinical application of pharmacy and patient-focused care. Pharmaceutical Sciences focuses on providing you with a basic science foundation for learning.
Pharmaceutical Science also offers you an opportunity to receive graduate education by offering both MS and PhD degree programs.
The School of Pharmacy also has the option of dual-degree programs:
Why choose NDSU School of Pharmacy?
- Outstanding faculty members deliver excellent education
- Training opportunities for student development
- Participate in interdisciplinary research
- Opportunities for interprofessional practice experiences
- Gain hands-on experience in our state-of-the-art concept pharmacy
- Work with the latest advances in practice and technology including telepharmacy
- Obtain the knowledge, skills, abilities and leadership expertise to be successful
Apply skills and engage with other pharmacy professionals
- Learn from knowledgeable preceptors in a variety of pharmacy settings during rotations
- Engage with other students and professionals in the field through student organizations
- Secure quality residency opportunities at affiliated sites in North Dakota and Minnesota
- Pursue advanced pharmacy training in your areas of interest
- Acquire the NDSU brand of excellence that employers value
North Dakota State University College of Health Professions School of Pharmacy’s Doctor of Pharmacyprogram is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education, 190 South LaSalle Street, Suite 2850, Chicago, IL 60603-3499, 312/664-3575; FAX 866/228-2631, web site www.acpe-accredit.org.