Fall 2021 Move-in Day: Saturday, August 21 | 8am - 1pm
Before You Arrive:
- Carefully review thedriving directions to your residence hall. Do not use GPS to get to your hall, as we direct traffic flow that day.
- Place your “hall name sign” on your dash. (This will be sent in the mail in early August or can be printed here.)
When You Arrive:
- Students: Once you arrive, proceed to your hall’s designated check-in location. This is typically the hall office, but posted signage will confirm and offer additional instructions.
- Hall staff will provide you with your room key, student ID, parking permit, and check-in paperwork. Please bring your photo ID for this step!
- Families: Once you arrive, fully unload all your student’s belongings, then designate one person to drive to your assigned parking lot. Parking permits are not required during move-in.
- The Move-In Crew will assist you in unloading your car, and if available, will help bring belongings to your room.
- Do not leave your car unattended in the unloading area.
Students may then move in their belongings.
- Pro-tip: Before getting to campus, label your items with your hall and room number .
- Break down cardboard boxes used during move-in and bring them to a designated recycling location.
- Burgum, Sevrinson and Thompson Residents: Want a loft? CSI Lofts will be outside of Thompson Hall from 8am - 3pm on Saturday and 10am-3pm on Sunday. Lofts rented onsite will not be set up by CSI. Order by August 13 at 6pm to rent your loft and have it assembled in your room prior to move in.
Dine with Us:
Unwind, enjoy the AC, and grab a bite to eat! Dining centers, the food court and coffee shops are open! ndsu.edu/dining/hours
- Don’t forget that 5-day meal plans are active on weekdays only.
- Dining will be running a discounted lunch rate of $8/person on Friday and Saturday for all friends and families.
Unpack and get settled. Here are a few things families and students can do as you begin to explore campus.
1. BENTSON BUNKER FIELDHOUSE
Ice Cream Social | 1:30pm - 2:30pm
Take a break and swing by for FREE ice cream, served up by the NDSU Volleyball Team. Plus, meet Dean of Students, Casey Peterson, and learn more about NDSU Family Programs. Sponsored by NDSU Dining.
2. MEMORIAL UNION
Books, Gear and More | 9:00am - 5:00pm | NDSU Bookstore
Bring your book list and our staff will find the books and supplies you need for your classes. Talk to our technology team about academic pricing and how to choose the device that’s right for you. Prepare for Bison Pride Fridays and grab the latest Bison gear.
Friends and Family Resource Fair | 10am - 3pm | Main Level, across from Design & Sign
Pick up helpful information about the wide variety of campus resources.
Financial Checklist | 1pm - 3pm | One Stop
Take a moment to pick up a copy of the Financial Checklist for incoming students and confirm that all financial tasks are complete! Representatives will be available if you have questions.
Connecting to Campus: Postcards and Photos | 1:30pm - 3pm | Student Activities Office
Head over to the Student Activities Office to complete your move-in experience by taking photos at our photo booth and writing post cards to and from home!
3. WALLMAN WELLNESS CENTER
Wellness Center Tours | 1pm - 3pm
See the Wellness Center and learn about ways students can stay healthy and active at NDSU.
Student Health Service Tours | 12pm - 3pm
See the campus clinic and pharmacy and learn about ways their highly experienced team provides student-centered care by supporting the health and well-being of students.
Vaccinations | 12pm - 3pm
No appointment needed, get your vaccine and keep the herd healthy. This is open to students, as well as family and friends!
Hugs and Kisses:
Friends and families are asked to start saying goodbyes at 3pm so students are ready to meet their Welcome Week group and start activities.
Welcome Week Kickoff:
Students will gather in their main residence hall lounge at 3:45pm to start the first activity.
Plan your week! Your Welcome Week schedule will be available on myNDSU the week prior to move in.
Early Move-in: Friday, August 20
For students who signed up to arrive on Friday, August 20, move-in will look slightly different. Learn more here:
- Arrival after 4pm on August 21: Connect with staff by utilizing on-call phone numbers listed on hall entrance doors. Arrival after August 23: Contact your Hall Director to set up a check-in time. Arrival after August 27: Please notify us so we do not cancel your room assignment.
- All first year students are required to live on campus.
- All students who check in are making a commitment to live on campus for the full academic year. After moving in, cancellations may result in a financial penalty, even if your permanent address is within 35 miles of campus. Typically, the only students released without penalty are those who are leaving NDSU, graduating, or participating in an internship, co-op, or study abroad program.