Residence Life is excited to meet our newest Bison and their families during the 2021 Virtual Summer Orientations! The below materials are typically provided in-person during the on-campus sessions. Check them out and let us know if you have any questions. Welcome home, Bison!
Preparing to Move-In
Everything you need to know before you move in can be found on our move-in pages.
Bed Lofting Information:
Every hall has their own unique lofting system. Get detailed information, along with pictures, of your hall's bed and loft system here.
- Cater, Churchill, Dinan, Johnson, MLLC West, Pavek, Reed, Seim, Stockbridge, and Weible:
- These halls have loftable bed frames, that adjust to multiple heights.
- Burgum, Sevrinson and Thompson:
- Beginning June 1, lofts are available for rent through College Loft Services (CSI). These are the only outside lofts allowed in NDSU residence halls. Lofts ordered by 6pm on August 13 will be assembled in your room by CSI prior to your arrival on campus! CSI lofts raise your bed frame 60 inches off the floor, and if you want a bunk bed style set up, the second bed can be slid underneath.
Linens and More:
OCM specializes in making your residence hall room your home. From bed sets designed for twin-XL* mattresses to wall decor that is hall-approved, you can get everything you need and want at ocm.com/nds. Don’t forget, all proceeds go to NDSU Residence Hall Association and help fund events and scholarships in your hall!
*All residence halls have twin extra-long mattresses (80” in length), except for Weible and Burgum which have regular-size twin mattresses. Residence Life recommends all residents bring twin extra-long sheets regardless of residence hall. This size sheet will fit any mattress on campus, making a potential to move to a different hall easier.
OCM also provides the opportunity for parents or loved ones to purchase Care Packages for their students. OCM offers a package for every milestone like final exams, holidays and those times where your students needs some extra motivation. Remember, all proceeds go to NDSU Residence Hall Association and help fund events and scholarships in your hall.
Residence Life communicates on an ongoing basis with our students and their families through social media. Follow @ndsureslife on Facebook and Instagram for the most up-to-date information. Each hall also has their own Facebook page.
Starting May 26, Residence Life and Dining began sedning weekly Wednesday emails; make sure we don't get lost in your junk email folder!
Presentation Videos and PowerPoints
Residence Hall Tours and Info Cards:
Take a 360 degree tour of your residence hall to see the most important spaces, including the hall office, lounges, laundry room, bathroom, and showroom! Want a quick reference to some of the most important things to know about your hall? The Hall Info Cards provide your mailing address, room dimensions, information on Hall Gov, and more.
|Burgum: 360 Tour | Info Card||Cater: 360 Tour | Info Card|
|Churchill: 360 Tour | Info Card||Dinan: 360 Tour | Info Card|
|MLLC East: 360 Tour | Info Card||MLLC West: 360 Tour | Info Card|
|Niskanen Middle: 360 Tour | Info Card||Niskanen North/South: 360 Tour | Info Card|
|Pavek: 360 Tour | Info Card||Stockbridge: 360 Tour | Info Card|
|Reed/Johnson: 360 Tour | Info Card||Seim: 360 Tour | Info Card|
|Sevrinson: 360 Tour | Info Card||Thompson: 360 Tour | Info Card|
|Weible: 360 Tour | Info Card|
One of the best parts of living on campus is the DELICIOUS FOOD! Here are your need-to-knows for Dining:
- If you have food allergies or dietary sensitivities, please complete the dietary needs online form. Our registered dietitian will reach out with information about resources available on campus and to answer any questions you have.
- Which meal plan did I choose? Log into your housing portal to view your current meal plan selection. After June 15, 2021, changes to meal plans can be made via GET. If you want to make changes prior to June 15, please call Residence Life at 701.231.7557.
- Stay connected to updates, information and ongoing giveaways by following @ndsudining on Facebook and Instagram.
Upper Division Living:
You haven't even moved in yet, and we are already talking about next year! Trust us, the conversation of "where am I going to live next year" will happen in a flash. Here is a quick snip-it of the opportunities we have on campus for upper division student living. Learn more at www.ndsu.edu/reslife/housing_options/upper_division_living.