Thank you for your interest in Upward Bound at NDSU. We help students reach their academic potential and college dreams! If you meet the eligibility requirements below and have the potential and desire for academic success in high school AND post-secondary education (college) we encourage you to apply.
If you have any questions about the requirements, or if you want help determining your eligibility, please contact our application contact: Ben Shapiro, firstname.lastname@example.org, 701-231-8029.
1. Schools we serve. Students who are, or will be, enrolled at one of the following public high schools are eligible to apply:
- Fargo North
- Fargo South
2. Year in school and age. Students who have completed the 8th grade but have not yet begun 12th grade and are at least 13 years of age are eligible to apply.
3. Citizenship. Must be a United States citizen, a permanent resident, or legally in the country with intent to become a resident.
In addition to meeting all three of the requirements above, applicants must be income eligible and/or a potential first generation college student. Applicants who meet one or both of the following two requirements are eligible to apply.
4. First generation college student. Applicants must be a potential first generation college student - neither parent has completed a four-year college degree in the US.
5. Income guidelines: Your parent(s)/guardian(s) must meet the federal TRIO program income guidelines, as determined by the Department of Education. We can help you determine if you are income eligible, or you can view the Department of Education’s current year income guidelines.
Applications are reviewed on a first-come basis throughout the year. So apply anytime!
- Go to the ONLINE APPLICATION FORM
- Complete all the sections of the online application and submit online.
- Want a printed copy of the application instead of applying online? If you prefer, you can complete a printed application, just let us know. We will mail you a printed copy along with a return envelope so you can easily get it back to us. Or you can pick one up in your school’s counseling office.
You will be contacted and an entrance interview will be scheduled when we have received your completed application packet. At this appointment, you and a parent or guardian will visit with UB staff to learn more about the program and share more about yourself and your interest in being in the program.