Saturday, August 21st - Monday, August 30th
Welcome Week is a time filled with events and experiences for incoming students! We have had both students and family members share with us that they wished there were more events to engage in following the Welcome Week experience. We are advising that student clubs and organizations do not host programs during the formal Welcome Week days, as the first-year students will be encouraged to attend large-scale Welcome Week initiatives.
Our hope as a Welcome Week Committee is to feature additional events hosted by outside entities (campus clubs, departments, community organizations) in the weeks following the Welcome Week experiences.
We are looking for organizations that would be willing to host large-scale programming as our featured events during the following days and times:
- Thursday, September 2nd - Saturday, September 4th
- Thursday, September 9th - Saturday, September 11th
- Thursday, September 16th - Saturday, September 18th
- Thursday, September 23rd - Saturday, September 25th
Featured Event Registration Rules & Guidelines
1. Your event must be able to accommodate 100 or more students.
2. You (your organization) is responsible for coordinating the location of the event and having an FUA on file.
3. The event must abide by all NDSU codes of conduct and policies.
4. The event cannot be a regular club meeting. It must be an additional type of programming.
5. The event should encourage connection making between attendees.
6. Your event must have a myNDSU event submission as a part of your advertising
The deadline to submit an event application is Monday, July 5th 2021. The Welcome Week committee will then review all the applications and determine which events have been selected as "featured events."
Please use this link to submit an event proposal.
Welcome Week Learning Outcomes
- Students will increase their integration into NDSU's academic and social communities and traditions
- Students will increase their knowledge of academic expectations, processes, and available resources
- Students will access and navigate the campus and available resources
- Students will engage in behaviors that contribute to a healthy and positive environment
For questions, please email email@example.com.