Graduate Assistantships

The Department of Public Health is committed to providing enrolled MPH students with graduate assistantships that are meaningful, educational, and align with students' career goals. While positions are limited, we encourage all interested MPH students to apply.

Open Graduate Assistant Positions:
  • Graduate Teaching Assistants: Master of Public Health (MPH) program-Average of 10 hours a week with flexible scheduling. 
    The Department of Public Health is hiring a Graduate Teaching Assistant (TA). The position will begin Fall 2022. Fall courses to assist include PH 704 and PH 474 and spring 2023 courses are PH 706 and PH 720.

    Position timeframe: Approximately August 15, 2022 - May 12, 2023
    To learn more about this position view MPH GTA position description
  • Graduate Assistant - Health Equity Office - 20 hrs/wk
    General Information - The North Dakota Department of Health (NDDoH) Health Equity Office is contracting with Dr. Ramona Danielson in the NDSU Department of Public Health (DPH) for a graduate assistant (GA). The GA will work with the Health Equity Office team to understand and reduce health disparities among all North Dakotans through strategy implementation, stakeholder engagement, and communication strategies

    Position Timeframe: August 2022 - May 2023; position may be extended with satisfactory performance and available grant funding.
    To learn more about this position view GA Health Equity position description

 

*Attention: Remote GA positions are not available for students living in the following US States: California, Ohio and New York. For more information on NDSU telecommuniting rules, please visit the NDSU Telecommute/Remote Worksite information page

NOTE: If you are granted a tuition waiver, the waiver will only cover base tuition. The waiver does not cover the difference between the differential tuition charged for the MPH program and base tuition. You will be responsible for paying this difference even if you receive a tuition waiver. In general, the waiver covers approximately 45 percent of the tuition charged for the MPH program and you are responsible for paying the remaining 55 percent of the tuition.

Recently filled GA positions

Graduate Research Assistant - NDSU Student Vaccine Education Project - Position Description

Graduate Research Assistant - NDSU Center for Immunization Research and Education (CIRE) - Position Description

Graduate Research Assistant - Antimicrobial Stewardship Project - Position Description

Graduate Assistant - Maternal Child Health (MCH) Leadership Development - Position Description

Graduate Research Assistant - ONE Program: Opioid and Naloxone Education - Position Description

Graduate Service Assistant - Social Media and Accreditation 2022-2023 - Position Description

Graduate Assistant - BeYou L+ Health - Position Description

Graduate Research Assistant - Mental Disorder Epidemiology Research Program - Position Description

Graduate Research Assistant – CIRE Improving Immunization Rates Project. - Position Description

Graduate Assistant - Health Equity Office - Position Description

Top of page