Your step-by-step guide to NDSU Dining Centers
1. Decide: You can eat at any dining center that best fits your needs. One way to choose is by location; which one are you closest to at meal times? You also can select based on the menu; each dining center serves something different. The NDSU Dining app will provide you the menu options, and provide live capacity percentages if you want to avoid lines.
2.Choose to Dine-in or Takeout: When you arrive at the dining center tell the cashier if you are enjoying your meal inside or to-go. Unlimited meal plan holders may take two meals to-go per day.
3. Access: Your meal plan is loaded onto your NDSU ID, simply scan you ID card or use the GET mobile app.
4. Select: Browse around and make your selections. We are a tray-free facility, so simply grab a plate/dish at the station you select. Utensils are available in multiple places throughout the dining centers. Cups are near the beverages, and napkins are on each table.
5. Dine: Sit wherever you want.
6. Dash: Bring your dishes/cups/utensils to the dish return area.
All three dining centers on campus offer meals to go!
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to get your delicious dining food to go!
- Tell the Dining team member at the cashier stand you'd like to take your meal to go before you tap your NDSU ID.
- You'll receive one container and a to-go beverage cup, to-go bowls for soup or oatmeal are available upon request.
- Go to your food station(s) of choice.
- If you are at West, and want food from Clean Eats, visit this location first to help us avoid allergen cross contact.
- At stations where staff are serving food, slide the container under the plexiglass and ask for your specific order.
- All food taken to go must fit inside your containers.
Policies and Reminders
- Students with an unlimited plan have the option to take 2 to-go meals at breakfast, 2 to-go meals at lunch, 2 to-go meals at dinner and 1 during late night, for a total of 7 per day. Additional to-go meals are provided this year to allow students with more flexibility during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Any food that is not consumed immediately should be stored in a refrigerator at 40 degrees F or lower, and thrown out after three days or less.
- Perishable foods left at room temperature should be thrown out after 2 hours.
Dining Center Capacity Tracker
Our capacity tracker allows you to see the busiest times so you can avoid lines and dine-in with friends.
Download the NDSU Dining App to view occupancy in the palm of your hand! Simply open the app and swipe left!